Thursday, November 12, 2015

People Notice

People Notice. 

They have been asking me "what's wrong?" or "what's going on?" and they tell me "I'm worried about you" because they have noticed my subtle steps backwards. My isolation.

It's not like me. 

It's also not like me to share another persons story {especially a loved ones story}.  It's not like me to share someone else's secrets or their shame. 

But what happens if I am a part of their story? What happens if someone else's story directly affects me and hurts me so deeply that I leave Facebook and Voxer and all my chat groups? 

Because I did.

What happens if I don't ever want to leave my bed? 

Because I don't. 

And what happens when people start noticing? 

Because they do. 

1 comment:

  1. If it infringes on your life, then it's just as much your story as it is theirs.

    And your story is YOURS. Only you have the authority to do decide what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete