Saturday, July 5, 2014

Alice Arrives

The Forth of July is such a great day.  It's full of fun, family and fireworks!  It always seems like the perfect day for a hike or a swim.... or both.  The barbecues and the parades and the desserts and the music... the red, white and blue colors displayed in every direction along with the feeling of a country united is so, so beautiful.

The Forth of July is one of my favorite days.
The Forth of July is such a great day.

The fifth of July... isn't.

I try not to wrap myself up in technicalities but I am unreasonably sentimental.
Today is D-Day.

I can't help but think about the knock at my door, my bishop showing up and Mr. Wonderful reading me the "letter".  The letter that contained the truth and reality of my marriage.

My life.

I can't help remembering how I lost the ability to trust Mr. Wonderful in a single moment... and then, in a moment later, how I lost the ability to trust everyone.

See... I am sentimental.  I can't help it.

To be sentimental is a wonderful thing that contains beauty and happiness and it is a terrible thing that contains ugliness and sadness.
post signature

9 comments:

  1. It sucks that our brain works in such a way where we have to have BOTH. Or NEITHER. So in order to feel all the amazing joy and love and happiness in our lives, we have to also feel the awful, suck, pain, BARRENNESS of it all.

    Hugs to you, fabulous lady. I cannot tell you how highly I think of you. Darn words. They're so limited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot tell you how much your love and support means.

      Delete
  2. I hear you. July 5th is our anniversary (which we don't celebrate). I've been all sorts of up and down the past two days. Sorry you are grieving too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy thank you. Your kind words are something I needed to reread today. Thank you.

      Delete