Wednesday, December 13, 2017

My Dailies

Lately I have felt foggy.
I think this is what trauma does. 
It makes me feel foggy and confused and it creates a lot of self-doubt.

Pinocchio started therapy last week.  He is going 2 times a week and it is a sacrifice for our family.  It is a 3 hour round trip from start to finish and during that time my other two children are on their own.  It is also the MOST expensive therapy I have every paid for, so it becomes a financial stress on my husband and I.

But this is what we do as parents right? 
I don't know actually. 
But it seems like the next right step and that is my focus right now.

ONE STEP AT A TIME


Because this time feels so trying and so heavy I am really focusing on self-care and dailies.  For those that are interested, here are some examples of what dailies are:

Dailies (examples)
- Personal: 
     Keep a Journal
     Repeat Daily Affirmations
     Personal Development - start a new hobby
                                         take a community education course 
                                         express creativity such as art and/or poetry
     Recovery Reading or Step-Work

- Physical:
     Exercise - walk, bike, swim, hike, run, etc...
     Nutrition - plan meals
                     avoid junk food
     Rest and Relaxation - get adequate sleep
                                      limit TV time

- Spiritual:
     Prayer
     Meditation
     Scripture or Religious Reading
     Church Service

These are my dailies for the week... 




No comments:

Post a Comment